Valentine’s Day is here, and it’s time to talk about “Love Languages”!
Each person has a primary “Love Language” that we need to learn to speak if we want that person to feel loved and supported. There are 5 Love Languages:
Acts of Service
Words of Affirmation
These 5 different ways to express love emotionally are extremely important for building and maintaining relationships. But, did you know that they are also important when thinking about skin care?
Each “Love Language” can relate to skin care in a very poignant way, and we hope that this post helps inspire you to add a few new skin-prep steps or products to your usual Valentine’s Day ritual!
Show your skin some love this V-Day with youth-boosting, wrinkle-fighting, UV-protecting, skin-brightening, and super-firming skin care products this year.
Remember, your skin is the largest organ in your body, and it forms a protective barrier between the external environment and your internal organs! So, it deserves to be pampered!
Looking for some great gift options? (hint: some of the best gifts are the ones we give ourselves!)
*Slip sleep masks and Slip pillowcases are gentle on your skin and hair and even boast anti-aging and anti-microbial properties!
Check out all the products seen above right HERE on our shop site!
Acts of Service
Remember that old saying: “actions speak louder than words”?
Acts of service are extremely important when looking to reward both yourself and the people you hold dear. Some of our favourite acts of service include:
- Gifting a friend a skin care treatment for a Valentine’s or “Galentine’s” Day treat! Know a friend who could use a little boost this month? Gifting that friend a rejuvenating facial treatment (or even Laser Hair Removal if they lead a very busy life and would appreciate the gesture) is an easy way to help them get back up on their feet/motivate them to keep going!
- Join your friend for a healthy smoothie date Know someone who is trying really hard to keep healthy this month? Help them stick to their new year resolution and invite them out for a smoothie date or vegan/vegetarian restaurant for some “skin boosting” good food!
- Invite your best friend/partner over for a Skin Care Night (SCN)! I love this one because it involves spending some quality time with your loved one while also promoting healthier happier skin! Bonus: prepare a little skin care gift bag for them with little product samples/minis
- Make them a skin care routine guidebook! This is a fun one! Show that special someone you care by creating a fun and thoughtful skin care routine guidebook!
Quality time is so important when it comes to strengthening bonds. However, spending some quality time with yourself is just as important! Yes, we’re talking about self-care.
Valentine’s Day is about love. So, why not shower yourself in love this year?
Some great options include:
- Work on your fitness! Take a class at Vancouver’s famous House Concepts gym for an extra elevated experience that will have you feeling like a million bucks! There is nothing like a good sweat session to help to detoxify your skin!
- Netflix and “Be Still” This is all about eating healthy food while watching a favourite show/movie on Netflix! You can even slap on a face mask while you do it if you really want to…but honestly it is mostly for “relaxation” (de-stressing is good for you skin!)
- IV Vitamin Therapy This is full of healthy skin/body supporting vitamins and minerals!
- Book a Facial! This is a wonderful option for some serious R&R (rest and relaxation) time!
- Book in with our Doctors! Our team of professionals can help you achieve all your skin care goals. Lacking volume? Want to have a more sculpted jaw? They have you covered! It’s Valentine’s, so do something for YOU.
Words of Affirmation
When you look in the mirror, you should tell yourself only good things!
So, how does this relate to skin care? Well, when you’re happy you release good hormones like endorphins, serotonin, and oxytocin!
Fact: when you’re sad and depressed, you are likely to eat more sugar, have a bad sleep, and experience breakouts. All around it’s not a good combo….
Physical touch in skin care is the act of massaging products into your face (get in there with a gua sha!), going for a facial, and hugging the people you love so you feel happier and frown less!
Happy Valentine’s Day from The Vancouver Laser and Skin Care Centre!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Rmedy Aesthetics Burnaby